Wednesday, September 3, 2008

On a quest...

to be more positive! This is my new goal. No more being negative, no more being down, no more getting worked up over the little things. Life is to short for me to be unhappy. If studying is getting me down I walk away from it, and give myself a chance to relax. If Mark does something to bother me, no more yelling and stonewalling but simple communication. I'm getting off the "crazy cycle" it has ruled my life for too long. "Energizing cycle" here I come!

I'm also going to get out more and meet new people. I need to get over my fears of meeting new people, no more getting sick when I am goiong to do something. Although I am not sure how well this is going to work considering I still get nervous when I am going to meet up with my friends of like 15 years. I always think what if I have the wrong time, wrong place, wrong day, what if I am not dressed appropriately. Always something. But I have decided to join the "book club" that the fantastic girls on STWed are starting up, i figure this is a good low key way to start, and it will ensure that I have something to talk about. Lets jsut hope i will have the courage to get my butt out of the car and go in!

Wish me luck on this new goal! Oh and if you are wondering about the "crazy" and "energizing" cycles i recommend you read the book "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much happier you'll be when you just learn to think positive.

Hi there form one STL blogger to another!