Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Some randomness

First the amazing lady over at Good Girls inc is hosting another giveaway in honor of her 175th post! Woohoo, I'm so happy for you, and it makes me so excited to even get to 100 posts...I've got a ways to go though!

Lets see what else..I went to the Cards/Cubs game with my Mom/Dad/and Mark on Sunday night. We had a balst even though we lost after 11 innings. Especially hard to take since we though we won it in the 9th. Before the game we headed to Lumiere place with Christian and Mandy. Lost some money at the slots and just had a good time hanging out. I'll post some pictures of the game later...I still need to put them on my camera.

Seven weeks ago I ordered new contacts. Never heard anything about them, I called the office 3 times to ask about it and left messages with the contact lady and never got calls back. Well in the past seven weeks I've gotten 3 eye infections from my old contacts because I have been wearing them for 3 months and they are supposed to be monthly. So after calling again and not getting anywhere my mom called up there yesterday and wouldn't get off the phone until she got some answers. Ends up that even though I paid in full for my contacts the NEVER ordered them. So I have been dealing with a blood red eye, that waters and gunks constantly that swells shut and hurts like none other because they couldn't bother to order my contacts! I was so mad, I went up there today and picked up my prescription I'm getting them from somewhere else. Where do you get your contacts from? Has anyone ever used 1-800-contacts? I'm trying to decide the best option.

My trip to Ohio wasn't bad. I got to spend time with Mark and his dad which was fun, and I got to meet one of Marks best friends Mike. Him, his wife, and their little son are just wonderful! I kinda wish we lived closer so we could see them more than once a year because they are pretty awesome. There were some really nice cars there, Mustangs, El Caminos and a bunch of others. I got a new shirt, got Jeff an shirt and Jesse some decals for his Road runner.

Poor Jasper got really sick last week from a mixture of his vaccines and de-worming medicine. The poor little guy had a fever, could barely move and meowed in pain in you touched him. If you would have looked at him laying on the couch you would have swore he was dead, we really didn't think he was going to make it. After 2 days of him not eating/drinking or going potty the vet gave him fluids subcutaneously and it really helped him. Next week the poor little guy goes to get the snip-snip. I feel so bad already knowing he is going to be scared because I am leaving him at the vets and then in pain and mad at me. I know it's for the best but I still really worry about my baby.

I'm sure there is more stuff but I am drawing a blank now. Hope my random rambeling didn't bore you too much!


Coree said...

Ugh...sorry to hear about the contact situation. I have used 1-800- Contacts through Walmart. It worked great.

Amber said...

Thanks for the comment!! I am gonna give them a try I suppose! Can't be much worse than I have already experienced.