Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weight

I know this is a common topic after the first of the year, but it's a real problem for me now. All through high school, undergrad and even medical school i weighed a steady 125 pounds, I was incredibly happy with that. Then I got on the scale at the gym on Thursday and it read 148, I almost had a heart attack. I thought OK, gym scale people on and off it constantly its probably not calibrated correctly. So I cam home and got on the scale at home thinking it'd have to read lower, definitely not, according to the home scale I am 149.6 pounds. So in a matter of 2 years I have gained 25 pounds. To most people its like "whoopdie do big deal" But to someone who was the exact same weight for 8 years, that's HUGE!

It's a good thing I started going to the gym again before i jumped on the scale or else people would think this was just a fluke gym thing. It's not my mom, and 3 of my good friends and I all go to the gym together. We are doing Zumba, and Yoga as well as treadmill and weight machines. Then after each visit to the gym we sit in the sauna for 20 minutes, what a great way to get rid of nastiness in your skin!

So this blog is now also going to become my weekly check-in for weight. I also downloaded an app to my iPhone to track my calories per day, my exercise, and my BMI. Hopefully it helps!

No comments: